Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Monday, December 7, 2009

O happy day!

This morning Sam came to a halt at the top of the steps and started screaming.

Thankfully, screaming for joy.

"There's enough snow to play in!"

Repeat that exclamation about 20 times, combine it with lots of jumping up and down, and throw in a little sister doing the same, and you have a good picture of 7:48 a.m. at our house today.

And no more than 3 minutes after having left their beds, this is what my two little kiddos were dressed in.
Think they'll like to shovel this much when they're teenagers?
I suspect he may have accidentally sent a little snow in his sister's direction.
Sadie was busy shoveling the grass (very useful) as Sam was clearing off the picnic table (also, very useful). Perhaps they thought I was going to be up for a game of soccer and breakfast outside?
Hi Mom - aren't you going to get your boots on too?
And so I did.

However, I neglected to take any pictures of myself with coat, hat, gloves, boots, and hot pink flannel pajamas on.

I need to buy myself some snowpants, so I can cover up those pjs like my kids did.

But - the news I am officially allowed to share today is that we will be spending most of January through April in the southern hemisphere.

Tasmania, to be exact.
(That's in Australia.)

So maybe I'll just wait to get those snowpants until next year.

'Cause it's summer down there!

1 comment:

Erin said...

WOW - Tasmania!!! How exciting.

Good thing they are getting their snow playing time in now.

Erin