Last spring she qualified for a program called Preschool For All, which provides 5-days-a-week preschool for children with certain risk factors. However, she was not enrolled in the program this fall since the state had not funded it as of the first day of school.
However, last week I got a letter in the mail saying the district now had received the money from the state and Sadie would start today with the 5-day program (instead of the 4-day program both she and Sam were currently in).
However, the change in program would require a change in classrooms. It also requires her to go on Mondays while Sam stays home.
I was worried about how the change would go - both to a new teacher/classroom and to going into the building without her big brother by her side - but she did wonderfully.
Here are a couple pictures in her new room.
(Notice I did manage to get her out of Sam's clothes before we went - thank goodness it was 85 degrees by that time and too hot for his old sweats!)

(Notice I did manage to get her out of Sam's clothes before we went - thank goodness it was 85 degrees by that time and too hot for his old sweats!)
And I have to give credit to Sam for giving her a pep talk this morning, which I happened to overhear as I was getting out of the shower.
"Sadie - you get to go to new teachers today."
"Uh-huh."
"And Sadie, you know that I will always come back. Just like Mommy and Daddy always come back if they go somewhere."
"Uh-huh."
"Because you go to new teachers all by yourself today. So you have to be brave. But I will be there when you are done."
"OK."
Bless his heart.
1 comment:
They are so cute! I am having so much fun reading these stories!
Post a Comment