Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Folding hands....and other thoughts from Sam

J: Fold your hands when we are praying.

S: Why?

J: Because it helps us keep our hands still so we think about what we are saying.

S: Why do we need to think about what we are saying?

J: Because we are talking to God.

S: Why are we talking to God?

J: Because He loves us.

S: Why does He love us?

J: Because he made us.

S: Why did he make us?

J: Because he wanted to.

S: And we saw Him for a day right after he built us?

J: Ummm.....I'm not exactly sure how that works. But he didn't exactly build us.....he put us in a tummy.

S: He just put us in a tummy?

J: Ummm....kind of....he helps us grow in a tummy and then we are born.

S: And we just got in the tummy?

J: Yeah....in a special way.

S: Like magic? But not really magic?

J: Yep - not quite magic. Just God.

S: Yeah - just God's power.

1 comment:

Go 5210! said...

A budding theologian! Sam is really dealing with the basic questions of life - Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going? (although you've dealt with this one before.

Your sermonizing Dad and Papa. Love you all bunches.