Sam has recently noticed that our dog, Gus, seems to prefer him over anyone else (or at least, chooses his bed to snuggle into at bedtime).
With a recent trip to my brother's (who has a cat) he has also been recently reminded of his dislike of cats, since he seems to be allergic to them and they make him sneeze - a lot.
The other night we had an interested discussion on heaven. It started with a discussion of my grandparents...
Sam: But your grandmas and papas are in heaven, right?
Me: Yes.
Sam: And you can find them when you go to heaven. But it might take you a long time to find them.
Me: Oh - I bet they'll come find me right away.
Sam: When I get to heaven, I'm going to find Ashton and Braxton and we'll play video games in a secret video game place.
Me: That sounds fun. (Trying not to take it personally he wasn't going to find me first . :)
Sam: (Looking at Gus snuggled up against his legs) Will Gus be in heaven?
Me: I don't know what happens to dogs.
Sam: I think when dogs die, they go to heaven.
Me: Sounds good to me.
Sam: And I think when cats die, they should just go away.
Me: Really?
Sam: Yep - just go away.
Me: OK.
Sam: And after I find Ashton and Braxton and Gus, then I'll go to Matt. (His uncle - the other heavenly video-game player, I guess. Again - no mom? :)
Ramblings about my two favorite kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment