Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Friday, September 2, 2011

The grass is always greener

Sam started Kindergarten August 18.

Sadie didn't.

It is now September 2.

Every day when we drop off Sam:
"Do I go my school today?"

and

"I wish her school started and mine didn't. Can I just stay home and play?"

But there is is light at the end of the tunnel.

Preschool starts after Labor Day.

Then she'll be happy she's at school, he'll be happy he's not missing playtime, and I'll be happy to be all by myself!

We had meet and greet with her teacher today. You can tell this isn't her first year of preschool, as the only picture I managed to remember to take was of her sitting in the office as we checked in. And that was only because the mom of a neighborhood friend got her camera out to take a picture of the girls together and the only way Sadie would smile (actually - even look in the direction of the camera) was to pull out my camera.

But hey - I get points for having the camera in my purse, don't I?
Let's hope her teacher is ready for our little firecracker!

No comments: