I am finally getting to downloading the rest of the vacation photos (we got back home July 2). Here are some from our ride on the Staten Island Ferry. We rode it over to Manhattan, got off and walked to Battery Park, and then got back on and rode back.
Once we got off in Manhattan and walked a few blocks all Sam wanted to do was "Go back home and see Matt." Apparently New York City isn't that impressive to a 2-year-old when your uncle is waiting for you on Staten Island. When we saw another ferry loading up in Battery Park to take people to Liberty Island, Sam wanted to get on that boat too. I explained to him that is was somebody else's ferry and wasn't going to the right place. His response: "I want to go on MY ferry. Right now!"
Here are the pictures:
Ready to go!
Grandma and I check out the ferry leaving the dock (or slip or pier or whatever it is).
Hmmmm.....think I can talk Papa into taking me outside to get a closer look at the ocean?
YUP! But he had to promise my mom that he would not, under any circumstance, put me down. There is only a flimsy retractable fence and a rope separating us from the ocean on the front of the boat.
Look where Papa lets me stand!
Bye bye New York! I want to go see Matt!
No comments:
Post a Comment