I have managed to break her of most of those habits (or at least don't spend the entire potty session taking things out of her hands), but she still does like to stay busy while doing her business. I am usually smart enough to grab a small toy as we make our way to the bathroom, and if I have forgotten, usually the little toilet paper holder bar (the thing that goes through the tube) is entertainment enough.
However, last night I knew she needed to sit a while to get everything done that she needed to get done (if you get my drift) and none of my usual tricks were cutting it. I really wanted to make sure she was all done before I let her get off the toilet because the tub was the next stop. In desperation I grabbed a piece of bubble wrap and showed her how to pop the bubbles.
I think it's safe to say she is in love with bubble wrap. She sat there at least 15 minutes. I had to rip the bubble wrap from her hands (which caused much screaming) and hide it on top of the china cabinet so I could get her go take a bath.
Then this morning I asked her if she had to go to the bathroom. She said "yep" and trotted off down the hall. She got in the bathroom, looked around, and held up her hands as if to say "What's the deal?" She then trotted herself out of the bathroom, back down the hall, stood at the base of the china cabinet, pointed up and said, "MINE!"
I guess I need a better hiding spot.
Or a big box of bubble wrap.
No comments:
Post a Comment