Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cute Cake Clothes

Over a year ago - or maybe even two - I got these cute cake clothes and was looking forward to the birthday when Sadie would finally fit into them.

I should have saved my money, given her obsession with wearing Sam's old clothes.

She is usually quite adverse to wearing anything that she has not seen on Sam before. Sometimes I can talk her into it, but more often than not I just decide it's not a battle worth fighting.

Today, however, I was up for the fight. Nothing says "Game on, little girl" like Gymboree clothes scored on sale.

And I was feeling like she could just give in this day, since she had worm Sam's old baggy sweatpants and t-shirts to school all week long.

I presented them in such an enthusiastic manner, I thought I just might win her over. "Look at your new clothes! For your birthday! See the cake! See the cupcake! Miss Geri will think they are so cute! And I even have a cupcake hairbow for you! Look, Sadie - CUTE!"

She met my enthusiasm with an equally determined "NO!" and arms crossed in defiance.

I won't describe the details of the maneuvers I had to entail to get the clothes on her body, but we had quite the wrestling match complete with a headlock to put the bow in her hair.

She was none too happy about me wanting to take a picture to document the end result, either.



Eventually I got some smiles....




I sent her off to school for the afternoon, praying she wouldn't start taking the clothes off the moment she was out of my sight.

No comments: