I started prepping her a couple weeks beforehand, since we would be gone overnight, and she is not too fond of me leaving the house even for an evening (unless she gets to come too).
So, I was pleasantly surprised when I had the initial conversation with her.
"Sadie, Sam and Mommy are going to go to a meeting in a couple weeks. And you and Daddy get to stay home and do some fun things." (I made no mention of what those special things might be...)
"OK, Mama. You and Sam go meeting. Daddy and Sadie GO FISHING POLE!"
Apparently she had decided they would be going fishing.
And for the weeks leading up to it, she told anybody she could that "Sam and Mommy go meeting. Me and Daddy go FISHING POLE!"
And go fishing they did.
Too bad they didn't catch any fish!
No comments:
Post a Comment