Sam got to start his birthday celebration a little early, since Matt and Elisa were here through yesterday and wanted to see Sam open his gift from them. He was *delighted* with his own iTunes card, as now he won't be limited to only free apps in the app store.
We decorated cupcakes last night, which of course started by licking the frosting beaters.Then on to the assembly line of decorating. Papa and Daddy were in charge of the sprinkles,
Grandma and Mommy in charge of the actual frosting.
This morning, despite his 5:45 am wake-up ("I'm just SO excited it's my birthday!"), we headed downstairs at 7:00 to open presents.
It was quite the collection of all that was left of what he wanted that he hadn't gotten for Christmas.
Then some cupcakes for breakfast.....
...followed by a morning of Wii and Guess Who. Then off to lunch at Culver's and traveling back to Cedar Falls with Grandma and Papa. The kids will hang out there this week with Joe's parents as Joe and I take care of some house stuff here and a little house-hunting in Peoria. (Have I mentioned we are moving?) I am sure the celebrating will continue there, and then back here with his party on Saturday. It looks like Sam will have a birth-week instead of just a birthday this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment