I was in a bit of a time crunch this morning to get the 3 of us out the door to make it to church Moms' group on time. Sam slept late, so Sadie and I had eaten by the time he got up. I needed to shower, so I left him downstairs eating while I went up to the bathroom with instructions to come upstairs to watch TV as soon as he was done eating.
I showered and blew dry my hair and then realized Sam had never made it upstairs. I had discovered yesterday that he knows how to get to his favorite game website all by himself and was pretty sure he had stayed downstairs to play computer. Not really that big a deal, other than the fact that he knows the only time he is allowed to play computer is when Sadie is taking a nap. I briefly ran through my options on how to react to this - from mild correction to complete freak out. I headed downstairs, turned the corner ready to catch him red-handed, but he wasn't there!
Instead I heard a small voice from behind the kitchen counter: "Mom, I'm just cleaning up the kitchen. 'Cause you didn't have time."
And there he was, putting dishes away from the dishwasher. He had drug out the kitchen stool from the pantry, set it up next to the dishwasher, and was attempting to find where I put the spatulas. (I also discovered later than in addition to unloading a few dishes, he had placed his dirty breakfast dishes in the dishwasher. Looks like I forgot to teach him it is best to get all the clean dishes out before you start putting dirty ones in....)
Won't he make a good husband someday?
Ramblings about my two favorite kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so sweet! That he did it and that he recognized that you were crunched for time, very cute!
Carol
Post a Comment