Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Saturday, July 11, 2009

My swimsuit addiction

I have a swimsuit addiction. (You can read about my attempt to feed this addiction in this post from last summer.) I don't really know why I have a fascination with swimsuits, since between junior high and having kids I went swimming a grand total of about 10 times. Somehow I just kept thinking that if I could find the perfect swimsuit for me, then I would really get into going to the pool.

(And for those of you that actually went back and read the post about swimsuit shopping....
This year, I tempted fate and brought both kids to Lands End with me. And it was after a playdate at the mall, following a lunch that had ended in Sadie throwing low mein all over the floor. I know, you are all thinking "Is she crazy?" Nope - I strapped them both into the stroller, promised them lollipops, grabbed the first suit I saw that I liked, tried it on, loved it, and immediately proceeded to the checkout. Didn't even care how much it cost. There was no screaming and no licking of mirrors - you can't put a price tag on that!)

But I digress.....the purpose of this post is really to update Aunt Alissa on Sadie's swimsuit collection. Because apparently now that I have finally scored myself the perfect swimuit by shelling out big bucks, I have redirected my addiction to my children. Sam has 4 suits (though not on purpose - I randomly bought them all off of sale racks the past couple falls when all the summer stuff is on sale and didn't realize I was accumulating quite the collection of 3T trunks) and I believe these photos document suit numbers 5 and 6 for Sadie (though I have only purchased 2 for her - the rest are hand-me-downs.) See? Aren't I the perfect addict? Making excuses and justifying it all.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Alissa is proud.....how adorable!

Julie said...

Love the pink polka dot suit!