Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The end (at least for now)

Tonight was our last post-placement visit for Sadie with our social worker. Not that the visits are that difficult, but it's just nice to be done with someone checking in on you. I realized tonight that we had our first home study visit pre-Sam in March 2005 and have had somewhere around 17 visits in the last 4 and a half years.

Before the first visit, I spent days cleaning the house, Joe contemplated hiding any R-rated movies he happened to have in case they would somehow disqualify us from being approved, and I even baked brownies and offered the social worker about 6 different choices of something to drink.

Before this last visit.....not quite the same. The speech therapist was on her way out the door as the social worker came in, Joe was slightly doped up on Vicodin post-kidney stone blasting, and the cleaning effort consisted of wiping off the toilet seat really quickly with a bleach wipe.

The closest thing to a brownie was a tootsie roll I might have had in the bottom of my purse that was still sitting in the mini-van.

And I didn't even offer her a glass of water.

I'm assuming we still passed.

No comments: