Sam has been asking a lot of questions about heaven and God lately.
At lunch on Tuesday, amidst discussion of whether the chicken nugget he was eating was shaped like a shark or a whale, he randomly asked, "Mom, are there trees in heaven?"
"I don't know honey. Probably not."
"Is there food in heaven?"
"Yes, I'm sure there is food in heaven."
"And I'm sure there are toys in heaven. And books, too," he chimed in.
That was followed up with "Does God have hands?"
I tried to explain that God isn't exactly like a person, so he probably doesn't have hands like we do. Then my dad happened to call, so I let Sam ask him, and I believe he got quite an exposition on God being a spirit. I asked Sam if he wanted to ask Papa the rest of his questions, and he said "Maybe tomorrow."
I guess one explanation a day from a pastor is enough.
The next day in preschool I knew they had learned a new song because Sam was very excited to tell me, "Mom, God does have hands. He's got the whole world in them!"
Ramblings about my two favorite kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment