Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morning

So the Easter posts are a bit out of order....

This is how we started the day - reading the Easter story from the kids' Bible. At the end of the story was their first clue in the scavenger hunt to find their Easter baskets.
Sam is leading the way. (As usual.)

The first clue led the kids to the shower. This clue said "Where are the eggs?" and was a bit more confusing than I intended. I meant the real eggs - like the ones we eat for breakfast - and Sam was thinking it meant he had to go find Easter eggs.

Eventually, he figured out what I meant. (And by "figured out," I mean Joe flat out had to tell him to go to the fridge.) And my - what a nice, clean, organized fridge I have!

That clue sent them to the TV.

This photo is to prove Sadie actually got to put her hands on at least one clue. (And isn't it a lovely shot of me?)

The under the table clue directed them to find a bow for Sadie,

which sent them to the closet

to locate the next clue amidst the undies,

which finally led them to the Easter baskets!

I was a bit concerned that they might be a tad bit disappointed when they saw their baskets were their beach buckets filled with a few goodies. (I wasn't about to spend money on anything extra to try and fit into a suitcase next week.) However, I discovered that chocolate and cheap toys from K-mart go a long way.

Here is Sam trying to crack open the big chocolate egg (there's more candy inside it).
The balloons were another big hit.

All Sadie needed was the chocolate.

And Sam was over the moon about his "sticky hand."

1 comment:

Go 5210! said...

Thanks, Jane, for letting us be a part of your Easter in this way. Fun to see the fun all of you had.

See you in a week.

Love,
Dad