Ever.
Well, maybe once every six months or so.
For about 30 seconds.
I think it is my payback for the little boys I used to look at when teaching (before I had kids) and think "Why can't you just sit still!?! It's not that hard!"
I have come to accept that for some, it is apparently that hard.
And in the word "some," I include my own children.
Eating a meal with us is like watching a game of musical chairs, because someone is always getting up to do something or just to move around or has just fallen off their chair because their wriggling or bouncing or jumping around got a little too much for the chair to handle.
After one particularily frustrating day of trying to contain the kids long enough to get a few bites in their mouths, I may have posted on my Facebook status something along the lines of eating with my children was like dining with a pair of wild pigs with ADD.
A couple days later when I looked over at the table, this is what I saw:
My wild pig had been replaced by a monkey.
(And that is my Mt. Dew, not his.)
No comments:
Post a Comment