Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Monday, January 17, 2011

Flashback to October 2010: Bye-bye bedrails!

This was a momentous occasion that I wasn't sure would ever happen.

(At least until he went to college when it would be a bit embarrassing to show up at his freshman dorm with bedrails in tow.)

Sam - my crazy spin-circles-all-night-long sleeper - asked to have his bedrails taken off.

And since his younger sister has been sleeping without them for almost a year, I didn't really feel like I could say no.

I did, however, remind him quite a few times about his sleeping habits.

He would not be discouraged.

Here he is - bedrail free!



He's only fallen out a couple of times (at least that I know of).

I did find him one night sitting by his bed, asleep, but by the time I went to get the camera to take a picture of it he had crawled back up onto the mattress(because that's what good mothers do - take pictures instead of helping their children back in bed). So - who knows how many times he has done that!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congrats, Sam!

Your 'getting the camera' comment reminded me of when my second kid was about one and pulled himself up to standing to play in the toilet water...I got my camera instead of making him stop.