Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Pack-and-Play is packed away

And I may never shower again.

Or I guess I will have to join the rest of the world of responsible adults and actually get out of bed before my children do.

Sadie gets into everything. And until last week, my solution to her not getting into every book on my bookshelf and drawer in my nightstand and calling who knows where on the telephone and fighting with her brother during my shower was to put her in the pack and play with some toys while Sam sat on my bed and watched TV.

And then last week, after my shower while I was ironing a shirt to wear, she did it.

She hoisted herself up onto the side rail, looked at me, said "out", and flipped herself over to the other side (with a really big grin on her face).

I hoped she only did it because I was 2 feet away and could catch her should she fall. I tried to convince myself she really wasn't brave enough to try it while I wasn't watching.

And then Joe was home the last of rest week (due to kidney stone blasting) and he was available to play with kids while I showered.

I actually had kind of forgotten about her little accomplishment when I showered yesterday.

Until I opened up the shower door and was greeted by my smiling daughter, "Hi, Mom!"

And so the pack-and-play has been packed away.

I guess I'll set my alarm for the morning.

Ugh.

2 comments:

Sarah Lubach said...

Oh, Jane, you are too funny. Love your posts!

Christine said...

I laughed when I read your post--both because your kids are too funny and because I also cannot seem to set my alarm to get up before Joel to shower. I used to shower during his morning nap but he isn't taking those lately. I've tried setting the alarm, but I just can't manage to get up! Oh, I didn't know what I was in for with this whole motherhood thing! :)