Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We came with a toddler...

...and will be leaving in a couple weeks with a little girl.

When we got to Tasmania, Sadie was still wearing pullups.

She took a two-hour nap every day - in her crib.

She let me buckle her into her carseat.

She was always in either a stroller or cart while shopping.

And I always strapped her into a high chair or booster seat while eating.
(Well - last October I let her free one time when we were at a hamburger place where the booths were too high to use a high chair. But my brother and sister-in-law can attest to the fact that it was not something that any of us thought should be repeated anytime soon.)

And now my little girl is completely potty-trained, complete with Spiderman undies.

I can get a nap out of her once every three or four days, and it only lasts an hour or so.

And that nap - as well as the nighttime sleeping - is in a twin-size bed.

When she gets in the car, she climbs up into her seat and announces "I DO IT!" when I try to buckle her.

The double stroller is getting too heavy to push with both kids in it, and I have even been known to leave it at home and let them both walk while going shopping.

And - try not to fall over Matt and Elisa - when we go to McDonald's she sits in a big chair.

No comments: