Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Friday, July 2, 2010

A good lesson to learn

Sam is not so fond of me telling him when to go to the bathroom. Lately when I tell him to go (usually before we head out the door to go somewhere) he tries to politely explain that he doesn't need to go.

Then when I tell him again, he re-explains. (Though not so politely.)

Last week as we were getting ready to leave for Joe's parents' house for the weekend (a 5-hour car ride) the two of us debated for quite a little bit.

Then I reminded him that the last 3 times he claimed he didn't have to go, upon trying at my insistence, he did in fact leave a liquid deposit in the toilet.

His response was an exasperated "Mom, why do you have to keep being right?"

That's just the way it is, little boy.

No comments: