Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Thursday, July 15, 2010

On the mend

My kids are extremely healthy, due to some stroke of dumb luck. The worst either of them has had is a cold or a slight touch of the flu.

In fact, when my mom asked me if my doctor was fairly easy to get into if a kid was sick, I had to confess I didn't know since we've never had to go for anything other than a well-child visit since we moved here.

But when Sam had a fever and severe cough for 3 days straight, I thought I better get it checked out.

And we came home with this.
Quite impressive!

The doctor said he has pneumonia and he was lucky enough to get to have breathing treatments a few times a day since Monday. (Lucky is being used sarcastically, in case you couldn't tell.)

He's not so fond of them.

But he's on the mend - he didn't require any treatments today and has been fever free for almost 48 hours.

I'm sure he'll be sad to take the nebulizer back to the doctor's office.

No comments: