Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Saturday, August 16, 2008

At least 3 years ago.......

was the last time I saw my cousins, Nathan and Katie. So, when they both happened to be in Chicago this week, we met them for supper. Sam was very excited to meet them. I had told him that we were going to meet my cousins earlier in the day, and he wanted to leave right away. I told him we had to wait until they called to say they were ready. Later, Joe called as he was leaving work, but Sam assumed it was "cousins." He demanded to talk "I WANT TO TALK! I WANT TO TALK!" (Some of you have heard that in the background when I am on the phone with you.) I told him it was Daddy, but he apparently didn't believe me, because when he got the phone he said, "Hi cousins!" When he realized it was Joe, he handed the phone back to me and said "It's not cousins."

Anyway, eventually they did call, and we had a nice time catching up over pizza. Sam was decently behaved, until he realized that the booth seat could double as a trampoline. After that, it was all downhill. By the time we got the check, all four adults had wet pants from drinks being knocked over by the toddler.

Here's some pictures:

Sam with a very forgiving Nathan and Katie, since the water he dumped on them was quite cold.


All of us (minus Joe, who was assigned to camera duty). Notice our pants are not in the picture.


Sam playing follow the leader with Nathan and Katie.

No comments: