Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Less is more

I subscribe to the "less is more" theory of housecleaning - the less you clean, the more exciting it is when you actually do! Those of you that know my mother will be quite surprised at this I am sure, since she cleans her house every Saturday morning, and you would think that observing that (and even taking part in it when I was younger) would have rubbed off on me. Not so. I won't even tell you how many Saturday mornings have gone by around here without a dustcloth or toilet brush in sight.

My biggest downfall is my bedroom - I have a tendency to lay things on the floor instead of putting them away (though I can always find what I need). I could tell things had gotten a little out of hand lately when one morning (after having had a major clean-up session the night before after the kids had gone to bed) Sam looked around my bedroom, paused for a moment, and then said, "Wow. There's a lot of carpet in here!"

1 comment:

Go 5210! said...

Jane - This is the funniest thing I have read and you have written for a long time! You have a great sense of humor, excellent writing skills, and a amusing son.

Thanks for the laugh.

Love, Dad