This morning the kids and I went to an apple orchard with our friends from playgroup - the same one we went to
last year. It was fun to be back again - and this time with two kids! (And only 1 parent today... I must say, last year with 2 adults and 1 kid was a bit easier than 2 kids and 1 adult. We still had a great time, though we missed Daddy who was off having some fun with Uncle John before he moves to California. Uncle John, that is. Not Daddy.)
You'll have to excuse the random red-ish line down the side of some of these. I took my little point-and-shoot camera along (I thought the big one was a bit too much to manage while chasing 2 kids), and it seems to be dying a slow death.
How tall are you this year? We didn't have a picture of this from last year to compare with, but oh well. And don't they look thrilled to be there?

They are the apples of my eye....

Sam driving a John Deere. On the way to the orchard this morning, Sam saw a JD tractor in a field and told me he wanted to work at John Deere when he's a grown-up. Don't tell Daddy!

Sadie trying this tractor on her own.

Then it was Sam's turn.

Here we are on the hay ride from the orchard.

Sadie was an apple-picking pro, as well as an apple-eating pro. I think she had a good portion of about 4 apples while we were out there.

Comparing their apples.

Sam having a taste test while Sadie held his bag for him, of which she seems to be growing tired.

Posing by the Prima sign - that's the variety we picked today.

Sadie had a
lot of fun in the hay.

If there is a hill, my kids will run down it!
No comments:
Post a Comment