Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Will I get to do grown-up things?

Tonight, 5 minutes after being tucked in to bed, I heard Sam whispering.
(He knows he's not allowed to leave his room after being put to bed, so he pushes it to the limit by standing in his doorway, attempting to have a conversation with me from afar. I fell for it tonight.)

"Mom!"
"What."
"Ummmm....."
"What."
"I have to tell you something."
"What."
"When I am a grown up, will I get to sleep in your bed with you?"
We proceeded to have a lengthy conversation (him standing in his doorway, me standing in mine) about how someday he'll have his own big bed and live in his own house and maybe get married and have kids, among other things.

He had some questions at the end.

"Can I bring Bob?"
"Will I get to go to meetings?"
"I'll get to fix the garage, right?"
"Can I bring my Transformer band-aids with me?"

Apparently the best things about being a grown-up are going to meetings and fixing things, though he seems to need to be sure he'll have Bob there for comfort and something to cover up his scrapes.

No comments: