Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Monday, September 7, 2009

Wildman

Another post on Sam's sleeping issues. Sorry if you are tired of them. (Ha - wasn't that funny!)

My theory is that Sam has such a hard time sleeping through the night because he moves around so much - you are bound to wake up while spinning circles in your bed, right?

My best friend's daughter sleeps like a dream - a good dream, that is. She puts her to bed and in the morning she wakes up in the exact same position - the covers haven't moved an inch!

That is nearly inconceivable to me.

One night I decided to document Sam's movements in bed. I knew I would be up late working, so I went in his room every half hour or so to take a picture.

(Now - the one thing Sam does have on my best friend's daughter is his ability to sleep through any noise or light around him. He may wake himself up by moving around, but you could have a party in his room and he wouldn't notice. Or in this case, take pictures with a flash and not disturb him.)

I was hoping to hit a night where he does a complete 360, but all I got was side to side movement.

Still - it's decently impressive.

He starts on the left.
A slight move toward the middle.

A nice kick of the foot.Making progress...
Gotta get the knee up.
And he made it to the right side!
And then the other night I went in to check on him and stumbled upon the shot I had been wanting - completely upside down from where he started! You'll notice he left Bob behind on the pillow.... (And yes, he is sleeping on the floor. You'll have to read this if you care to know why.)
And I have to wrap up this post on sleeping with this shot from tonight. After a lengthy discussion about why he had to sleep in his room and not mine (that I will spare you the details of), he decided he wanted to sleep in the pack and play.

Lovely. At 18 months old I couldn't keep him in this thing long enough to take a shower, and 2 years later it is his bed of choice.

No comments: