Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Don't tell me maybe

So - the other night Bob was lost at bedtime. This was the first time since Sam has cared about Bob that he had to face the possibility of not going to sleep with him. We, of course, played it like it was no big deal. "Bob's sleeping somewhere else tonight - let's go up and say prayers." And Sam actually agreed.

Then once he and I were laying in bed (yes, I know every book in the world says NOT to lay with your children until they fall asleep - have they ever tried to get this boy to sleep?), Sam says to me "Mom, I want Bob." And here is the conversation we had.

"Remember, Bob is sleeping somewhere else tonight."
"At grandma's and papa's?"
"May-be......."
"We go pick him up?"
"We are going to grandma's and papa's tomorrow."
"Is Bob at grandma's and papa's?
"May-be........"
"DON'T TELL ME MAYBE!"
(Silence on my part - what do you say to that?)
"MOM - TALK TO ME!"
"Bob is sleeping somewhere else tonight - we'll find him tomorrow."
"Is he up in the sky already?"
"Do you think he is up in the sky already?"
"I don't think so."
"I don't think so either - we'll find him tomorrow."
"OK."

No comments: