Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I SO SAD!

Our conversation in the car today:

Sam: I want juice and Bob.
Me: Here's Bob. I didn't bring juice. You'll have to wait until we get home.
Sam: I WANT JUICE! (followed by some pretty impressive fake crying)
Me: I don't have any juice. Crying is not going to make some magically appear.
Sam: (More crying) I SO SAD!
Me: Why are you sad?
Sam: 'Cause I don't have juice.
Me: Oh. We'll get some when we get home.
Sam: Hold me. (That's what he says to me when he is tired/cranky/etc.)
Me: I can't. I am driving. Have Bob hold you instead.
Sam: Bob can't hold me. Bob not have hands.
Me: OK. You hold Bob then.
Sam (to Bob): Bob, I sad. You give me kiss. (Kissing sound.) It make me feel better.
Sam (to me): I ok now. Bob gave me kiss.

No comments: