We finally received our travel approval from China yesterday. Unfortunately, there are no consulate appointments available in September, so we will not be traveling then as we expected. Our tentative travel dates are Oct. 10-24. However, there is a large trade fair in Guangzhou during that time, and our agency is giving us the option of traveling then or postponing until November. Along with the email about the dates, they sent an attachment outlining all of the things that would make travel during the trade show less than ideal - it was very discouraging to read. Any logical person (a term that would usually be used to describe me) would read through it and say "No way would I go to that city for 2 weeks during October! Just wait a few weeks!" However, I would classify myself as pretty far from logical at this point in time.
Adding to the dilemma is the fact that our immigration form giving us permission to adopt expires in November. If we delay travel we need to renew that form. Not a big deal, but if something randomly goes wrong with the renewal somewhere in the bowels of the Department of Homeland Security, our trip could be delayed further.
So - pray for us for guidance as we decide what to do. We have been looking at Sadie's picture since May, and it breaks my heart to think of deciding to postpone bringing her home. On the other hand, we want the first two weeks we have with her to be as good as possible. Yesterday I was totally fine with waiting, but today when I think about it all I do is cry.
Sam saw me crying tonight and came over and put his arm around me. Here's our conversation:
S: Mom - what wrong with you?
J: I'm just a little bit sad right now.
S: Because I yelled? (We had had quite the ordeal over having to go potty this morning.)
J: No, not because you yelled honey.
S: It's ok. You can have one of my trains.
(Then Joe comes over to distract him with a handful of chips. He eats one and then remembers my emotional state.)
S: Mom - what wrong with you?
J: I'm just sad, honey.
S: Why?
J: I miss Sadie.
S: (Lays down on floor and props his head in his hands, and pretends to cry.) I miss her too.
J: I know. We all miss her.
S: When you not sad anymore, you can have a chip, ok?
At least I have Sam and trains and chips......sure to get me through to October......or November.
Ramblings about my two favorite kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a sweet boy!
Jeana
Post a Comment