Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is Papa broken?

As I mentioned earlier, my dad is having heart surgery this week. We have been praying for Papa in our prayers each night, and talking about how Mommy is going to go to the doctor with Papa and Grandma and Sam gets to stay at Grandmommy's house all by himself when we are gone.

Last night we stayed at my parents', and my mom and dad and I all tucked Sam in and said prayers with him. We got to the part about my dad, and Sam looked up (slightly confused because Papa is standing right there and was looking just fine) and asked if Papa was a little bit sick. I told him that yes, Papa is a little bit sick, but the doctors are going to "fix him up." Sam looked even more confused and then asked, "Is Papa broken?"

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Jane- please know that your dad is in our prayers this week. All the very best to your family.

So hard for kids to understand- Sam is so darling.