Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The sign says.....

A few weeks ago when Sam and I were at the zoo we went into the "Feathers and Scales" house. Inside you can find all kinds of birds, reptiles, and amphibians. The main attraction for Sam was the 4 foot tall statue-thingee of a frog. He immediately tried to ride it, until I intervened, pointing out the sign that said "No climbing on the frog."

Since then, his latest trick when he either wants to do something or doesn't want to do something is to point to an imaginary sign somewhere in the room and say, "See that sign? It says (fill in the blank). He's used it for "more ice cream," "no potty," and "play 5 more minutes."

The best one though was yesterday morning. He and I were leaving to go to my parents so I could go with to Minneapolis when my dad has heart surgery. I had told him the night before that when we got up in the morning it would be time to go to Grandma and Papa's. So, of course, the moment he woke up he looked at me and said "Let's go to Grandma and Papa's!" I informed him we would be leaving soon, but that I needed to get ready first. He wanted to go "RIGHT NOW!" I told him that I needed to take a shower. He looked straight at me, pointed off to the left, and said, "See that sign? It says 'No shower, no bath. It's time to go right now!'"

No comments: