Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Underwear Day!

Sam has been on the lllllllllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg slow road to potty training ever since he saw his papa go to the bathroom last November (don't worry - I won't post a picture of that!) and then decided it might be a cool thing to do himself, every once in a while. The past couple months he has been in pull-ups, and the past few weeks is able to stay dry all day, as long as I remember to put him on the toilet at fairly regular intervals.

Today was Underwear Day at our house - with the hope that with underwear Sam would feel the wetness of going in his pants and then figure out that he should really tell me he has to go, and not just rely on my somewhat random potty breaks. I should not have had such high hopes.

Basically, all underwear accomplished today was MORE going in his pants, since once one pair of underwear got wet, he got to go put new ones on. And why would a 2-1/2 year old want to stay in the same boring pair of dump-truck undies all day, when there are fire truck ones, and Thomas ones, and Cars ones just crying out to be worn (and then peed in)! He even announced to Joe when he came home from work, "I went potty in my dump trucks!"

My mom says not to give up. However, I really don't mind pull-ups............... :)

1 comment:

Go 5210! said...

Nice to know I am an inspiration for something! Love, Papa