Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I have hope.......

....for maybe 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep tonight. Sadie was basically up all night last night (other than her "naps" from 8-10:30pm and 1:30-2:30am) playing. She finally slept again from 6-10am and only napped this afternoon from 4-6, so I am hoping with going to bed at 10 her body will realize it is night time and not another nap time. Joe goes back to work tomorrow, so we all need some sleep!

Sam wanted Sadie to sleep with him tonight. Quite sweet, but we said no. Then he wanted me to sleep all night in his bed. (I usually lay with him until he falls asleep and then move to my own bed. We have had many, many discussions on the fact that if he wakes up in the middle of the night I can be found in my bed, not his.) I told him that I would sleep with him for a little bit. He wanted me to sleep "for a lot bit." I told him his bed was too small for me to sleep in all night - my bed was big enough for me. He told me he thought his bed was growing, so it would be ok. Ahhh.....two-year old logic.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Sounds like someone is growing and not the bed! Sam is too cute, able to argue his cause. Maybe Lawschool for him.

Hope you get some sleep. Hopefully you'll feel human by the end of this week.
Hugs