We have been given many "free gifts" for Sadie while shopping to keep her entertained in hopes that we will buy more stuff. I would say most of them do not meet US toy safety standards, but they have done the job of keeping her entertained. The worst of them all is the Teletubbie phone below. I think it may be the most annoying toy that has ever touched either Sam or Sadie's hands - and Sam has had some obnoxious ones (the Sit-n-Spin with loud music and no off button and the helicopter with the too-realistic chopper noises to name a couple........) When you hit the buttons it plays/sings a very annoying little tune.
I had conveniently "misplaced" it last night after she went to bed, but had to bring it out again as a bribe to stop crying after I had to pry the ballpoint pen she was playing with out of her hands. (Jen - you'll notice the nice pen mark on the belly of Anna's outfit.) Sadie certainly knows what to do with it.
First you dial.........

...then you talk.

Yes, I am pacifying my daughter with a Teletubbie phone.

It will be "misplaced" again before the plane ride home. As tempting as it is to bring it along (it is a surefire way to stop crying), I think we may be asked to jump out the window if anyone else had to be subjected to it's happy little tune.
2 comments:
Jane and Joe,
Wow I have just spent a long time looking at your blog, praying for your family and I am amazed with your journey. WE can't wait to meet Sadie and it is SAM and SADIE who are truly blessed. God is so faithful and awesome. Welcome to American little Sadie and we love you.
Tracy Jay and the boys..
Well.....ya never know if you might just need to use it for a bribe!! I'm sure you'll find lots of other toys to use as entertainment. Fingers crossed she will do just super on the flight home!
Post a Comment