Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sam (and Gus) came home!

Joe's mom brought Sam and the dog home back today. Sam was pounding on the car window as they drove up, and Joe and I were crying. It was so wonderful to see him again. He was excited to see us and his new sister. When he woke up this morning Joe's mom asked him what today was and he said "I get to go home! Yay! China is OVER!" And tonight one of the last things he told me while laying in bed before falling asleep was "Thank you for getting my sister."

Sadie and Sam are doing great together. Sadie and the dog are another story. Gus was actually being a lot more calm than his normal self, but she is still terrified of him. If he is anywhere within sight she starts crying and I have to hold her. He will be going back to Cedar Falls to stay with my parents for a week. They are coming next weekend to see us, so we will try it again then. This little girl has had way too much change in her world in the last day to make her deal with that too. (Plus, in my sleep deprived state, I can't deal with it either.)

Here's a couple pictures of TWO kids at our house - hard to believe she's finally here!




4 comments:

Kerry said...

The photo I have been waiting for- Sam and Sadie together. Oh does that make my heart sing.

Beautiful photo of Mommy and her sweet kids. Sleep deprived and still glowing. Love it.

Hope you can get some rest. Please call if you need Anything!

Sue said...

Hooray!!! Welcome home and how wonderful to see BOTH of your kiddos in your arms!!!! Wishing you the best as you settle into life as a family of 4. And hope ech day is a little easier w/ the jet lag!!

Erin said...

Congratulations!! It has been great to read of your journey. Can't wait to meet Sadie.

Julie said...

Welcome Home! I love the picture of you with your two beautiful children! Your love and happiness shines through your smile.