It is traditional for kids adopted from China to get their picture taken on the red couches at the White Swan Hotel before leaving. Our entire group from Holt had 18 families (only 3 with us in Guangdong province the whole time, but at there were 18 there to get their visas with us after picking up their children in their home provinces). It was a bit chaotic to say the least.
First we attempted to get a picture of Sadie by herself.
Okay...I'll sit here. But just for a minute. And don't expect me to smile.

Is it over?

I think I can escape!

Then we did the 3 girls from Guangdong - Hannah, Zoie and Sadie.
Hmmmm...what is that on Zoie's back?

Oh - you wanted me to look at the camera?

I'm not so sure about that.

Zoie says "What's up?

Can we please be done now?

Really....we all want to be done.

Hmmmm.....what's that over there? A very funny bald guy.

I'm outta here!

Don't try and put me back on there.

Why do I have to SIT on the red couch?

Then the mass chaos began.....
Can you find me? (And my mom trying to hold me in place?)

I think I would like to jump down there!

Post-red couch - the Guangdong girls and their parents
1 comment:
Hello...I received your blog address from Marinda :-) I tried leaving 2 comments before and for some reason it didn't work. First off...Welcome Home!!! Sadie and Sam are adorable...of course! Glad to read that you had safe travels home. What an amazing journey. Love all the pictures...and the "Papa John" on his bike made me laugh..We are in the process of adopting a 5yr.old little boy from China. We are currently waiting for our LOA....then Ta...and China can't come soon enough! We have been reading a lot about the White Swan and The Victory..both sound nice with lots to do in the area.
Get some rest :-) (or try to).
Post a Comment