I have tried all kinds of things to make myself think it really is spring and that we didn't get snow here the other day. I made my favorite "spring-y" chicken salad (I have been having an obsession with chicken salad lately....) with oranges and pineapples in it. I have been consuming Peeps by the half-dozen. I even bought the kids flip-flops (or flip-flaps, as Sam calls them) at the mall last week.
But somehow, despite all my best efforts, I am forced to accept the fact that it is 42 degrees outside right now.
The kids are feeling it too. The novelty of riding bikes in the basement is gone. The joy of playing in our indoor "playground" has expired. (The indoor playground consists of throwing all the tupperware items on the floor and using them as "skating" devices and then resorting to playing inside the empty cupboard.) Even jumping on the couch cushions has lost its luster.
Today they decided they needed their own personal waterpark. Or at least whatever they could create themselves using the water dispenser on the fridge.
It started out as the two of them asking for water to drink (which I am trying to encourage after Sam's visit to the dentist and a scolding on the amount of juice I let my kids consume - I water it down, I promise!) Sam helped Joe change the filter on the fridge yesterday and since then they have been obsessed with using the water dispenser to help themselves to cups of water. I figured it was pretty harmless - if they spilled, it was just water, right?
I didn't expect that the "spills" would become quite intentional. Knowing my kids, I should have. Of course, my attempts to stop them were a bit thwarted by the fact that I was taking pictures of them doing it.
First fill-up:I am so proud of Sam for not asking for juice but going straight for the water. I should not have been so naive.
No comments:
Post a Comment