The day we got Sadie's referral Joe bought her a pink bunny, with hopes of it becoming as loved by her as Bob is by Sam. This morning the bunny achieved Bob-status: she fed it breakfast and screamed if I tried to take it away in an attempt to keep it clean.




I was a little skeptical of the bunny since it didn't seem too machine-washable, and I know how important the ability to throw much-loved objects in the washer is. I didn't say that to Joe right away - it was such a sweet thing to do. However, I went out and bought a couple little blankies (which she also sleeps with and have been names "Dot") in hopes that we could just save the bunny to look nice sitting in the corner of the crib.
Not so. It is now the chosen thing to suck on when falling asleep. And as much as I was pulling for the easily-washed blankies, I love to see Joe's face light up when it's the bunny she needs for bed.
But with the milk dribbles down its chin this morning, we may have to test out its machine-washable-ness.
No comments:
Post a Comment