So - we made it the plastic surgeon's office in downtown (usually a little under an hour trip) in a stellar 2 and a half hours. Interstate 55 was so snow-packed I swear they had to have trucked in snow to get it that way. And I did not see a single snowplow working until I entered our subdivision. What is it about this place? As I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, does it not snow here every year?
The surgeon told me what the resident and nurse had told me on the phone - everything in Sadie's mouth is ok. Yes, she did manage to get a couple of stitches loose in the front (hence, the flapping I saw going on). She probably did it with her tongue - the surgeon said that a lot of times when the kids are older (palate surgery is usually done around 9 months old) they are able to run their tongue up there and mess things up a little bit. Not to worry - she says it will heal just fine. The main part of the repair is in the middle and looks good. The stitches around the edges are looser anyway. It was nice to have somebody actually look at it in person and tell me not to worry, though, despite the treacherous travel conditions to get there.
Ramblings about my two favorite kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry you had to travel in the yucky weather, but I'm glad that you are reassured that everything is okay in Sadie's mouth. Whew!
Post a Comment