Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's a little crowded in the stable

Sam has really been getting into the Christmas story this year. He knows that is it "baby God's birthday" and that the wise men brought him some presents. I showed him all the figures in our nativity scene and he looked at them in awe.

Then one day I heard him talking to himself in the living room. Happy that he was entertaining himself, I kept cleaning up the kitchen. Only later did I go investigate - and this is what I found.
Apparently, everyone wanted to get really close to baby God.


Over the next couple days, Sam played with the scene a lot. Here's a few of the things I overheard:

From a wiseman to baby Jesus: Hi, baby God. Where are your clothes?
From one wiseman to another as they are departing the stable: That was a great adventure!
From a wiseman to Jesus as they were leaving: Bye bye baby God. See ya later! Have a great day! We'll be back soon.

And from Sam to Jesus, who had somehow ended up behind the stable (it may have been a mishap as Sam was using the top of the stable as a slide for everyone to have a little fun on): Don't worry baby God - I'll rescue you! Here I come!

No comments: