Last night when we got home from Cedar Falls, there was about a quarter of an inch of snow on the ground - the first this year that has actually stuck and not melted upon landing on the driveway. All Sam wanted to do was shovel it. Unfortunately, his mother did not have the foresight to have any boots in the correct size for him to wear. I promised we'd go get boots this morning and then he could shovel (preferably with Daddy after he got home from work.)
So - we went to Target, Sam picked out some new boots, and he spent the rest of the day telling me Daddy was on his way home so they could shovel. Eventually, Daddy did make it (though not at 10AM as Sam had hoped) and he got to shovel.
Ummmm.....Joe.....make sure the kid leaves his mittens on!
He also did say to me today, "After I shovel, then it will be spring." He was absolutely delighted when I told him he would have to shovel many, many times before that would happen. We'll see if he still gets so excited about shoveling in March........
No comments:
Post a Comment