Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sadie's First Snow

Well...the reason Sam wanted to get himself dressed this morning was so he could move on to putting on all his snow clothes. I sent him out in the back to shovel so I could keep an eye on him playing while Sadie finished eating her breakfast. Now, usually nothing gets between this girl and her breakfast. But as soon as she saw Sam go out the door, she had to go play too.

As is with most toddlers their first time in bulky snow pants and boots, Sadie's trip outside consisted mostly of walking a couple steps, falling, crying and then repeat She was determined to keep going, and it didn't take long to figure out why. She was headed to the swingset and her swing. I managed to stuff her in it, and then life out in the cold was a bit better. We did get a couple giggles from her later as well, once she figured out how to push her shovel.

Who cares about shoveling.....I am off to the swingset!

Why in the world is my brother excited about this?I fell again!
I made it - can you get me in here?
This is what I wanted!

Sam attempting to get his swing cleaned off.....never got it accomplished. Oh my...why did I want to come out here?
Look - I can do it!
Double-shoveling


No comments: