Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Friday, December 19, 2008

We came home!

I doubted very much that I would be typing from home today, but here I am! Sadie flat out refused to eat or drink yesterday evening (and when she woke up every 40 minutes last night). The one condition of being able to be discharged was that she consume 6 ounces of something, so I figured we'd be there another week with how she would turn her head and refuse to even look at me when I offered her food. But she surprised me this morning around 4 by gobbling (well, as much as you can gobble when being fed from a syringe) an entire large jar of babyfood. (Side note: For some reason I thought the first two weeks were no babyfood - just straight liquid - so I was very excited when the nurse came in with the jars!) She ate another 2 jars later this morning, so we were free to go. We got home around 11 and she is pepping up nicely. The arm restraints are not a big hit (imagine that!). She tolerated them better at the hospital, but now that she is here thinks she should be free of them. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks........

2 comments:

Kerry said...

So happy that you are HOME! And that Sadie was able to eat a bit. Poor sweetie. I can only imagine how difficult this has been for her (and mom and dad too!). Hugs and hope that everyday gets better.
Those arm constraints must be torture for her (busy bee!)

Twice Blessed China Mom said...

Jane, I'm so glad that you're home. Grace had the arm restraints, too. Thankfully, as she was almost three, once I knew I could trust her to not put something into her mouth, I was able to take them off. Grace moves to soft foods like macaroni at the end of the month...she's been a trooper about the soft foods. We're going through a quart of yogurt a day, these days!
Jeana