When we left the hospital Friday morning, the plastic surgeon's nurse's last words to us were "Do not look in her mouth!" She explained that once the swelling goes down after a palate surgery, it can look like things are moving around in there even though everything is ok. And besides the moving around, everything just looks really, really gross.
So Saturday I was changing Sadie's diaper (and she was screaming) and I couldn't help but see inside of there......and I saw something flapping. Now I know they told me things would be moving, but no one ever mentioned flapping. I kind of freaked out, and called the plastics resident on call. She assured me that though it wasn't normal, it wasn't abnormal. (Ummm....what?) I was slightly calmed by this response, but vowed to call the actual surgeon's office ASAP Monday morning.
Our nurse Linda (the one who told us not to look) reiterated this morning that I WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO LOOK IN THERE. However, since I had and had lost any sense of calm I had on Saturday, we are headed in tomorrow morning just to make sure everything is ok in there.
Ramblings about my two favorite kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment