Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Today's feeding fun

So - the medicine syringe didn't work wonders this morning like it did yesterday. Seems like each "meal" needs a new trick. After an hour of screaming this morning, I managed to get yogurt into Sadie only after I let her stand on an overturned toy bucket in the middle of the family room while watching a video and playing with the telephone. Only then was she distracted enough to let me squirt some food in. I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Thankfully my mother-in-law came tonight so she can keep Sam entertained.
(And I have to say a belated thank-you to my parents for being here for the surgery and couple days afterward. It was only because of them that I survived the 3-hour cry-fest for Saturday morning's feeding. And they are also the reason I am still sane by taking the keep-Sadie-from-giving-the-dog-kisses-so-she-doesn't-get-some-weird-illness-
from-being-licked-by an-animal-that-has-been-known-to-eat-his-own-poop variable out of our next couple weeks. Not really good to be licked by a dog right after having surgery on your mouth. Gus is on a nice Christmas vacation at Grandma and Papa's house.)

No comments: