Ramblings about my two favorite kids

Saturday, December 20, 2008

A few hospital pictures

Here are some pics from the hospital. Excuse any typos or other mistakes......I am beyond tired and not the most careful at the moment.


Here are Joe and Sadie, smiling at 6:30 AM Thursday. Getting her vital signs checked by her nurse. Somebody could make a lot of money making toddler-size gowns. This one could have fit a kindergartener.
Hanging out in the rocking chair
Sadie giving herself an albuterol treament. Of course, she wanted to do it all by herself. I should have known we were going to have issues in the feeding department post-surgery.
When the anesethiologists (I know I spelled that wrong, but am beyond the point of caring right now) came in and saw that Sadie had a runny nose, they told us we could opt not to do the surgery because of it and reschedule for another time. I thought I was going to cry! Were they serious!? After a bit more discussion, we figured out it probably wasn't that big a deal. There would be an increased risk of infection and the possibility for a cough developing, so we decided to go ahead. If we waited until this girl didn't have a runny nose, I think she'd be 16 before she had it done. It's been running since the day we got her. Hence, the albuterol treatment to open up her airways.

Sadie and I resting post-surgery.
This is how we spent much of Thursday afternoon. Nope, we are not in a bed. It's a chair that folds down into a "bed." When my dad had his heart surgery, the nurse more accurately called the one in his room a "flat surface," as she said "bed" would not be the proper word to describe it. I agree.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Look at you- managing to smile. I am sure this past week has been absolutely exhausting for you and Joe. Poor sweet little Sadie.

We are so happy that she is doing well post surgery. Big Hugs from Dave and I.