We saw the surgeon today. She looked in Sadie's mouth, said everything looked great, and then proceeded to take off her arm restraints. I wish someone had been there to take a picture of my face and the utter look of disbelief followed by sheer joy! She asked me if I wanted to keep them for Sadie's baby book (uhhhhhhh...baby book? No, thank you) and then got rid of them. I could not believe it. I asked at least 4 times if she really could go without them (You know she'll put her fingers in her mouth, right? And toys?) but she assured me it would even be ok if she managed to get a pencil in there.
And then I was in for more of a shock when she said she could eat anything. (Anything? Not just soft foods? Crackers? Cookies? Are you kidding me!?) Yup - you have complete freedom, she told me. And Sadie and I didn't waste any time. We stopped at Target on the way home for some Puffs and Yogurt Melts, as well as a new sippy cup so she could drink all by herself again. You should have seen that little girl glow with happiness.
Ramblings about my two favorite kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So happy for you all!
What a great way to start the New Year!
Nicole
Post a Comment